Alan J. Hyatt
Contact Alan J. Hyatt: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alan Hyatt, the founder of Hyatt & Weber, has actively guided the law firm for more than 35 years to become one of the most successful practices in the region. Based in Annapolis, Maryland, Alan represents large and small companies, financial institutions, entrepreneurs, business owners, real estate developers and individuals from Maryland and across the nation.
Because of his deep knowledge of the real estate market, lifelong ties to Anne Arundel County, and established relationships with state, county and city officials, Alan is often seen as a pivotal force in helping advance his clients’ projects. He was instrumental in transforming the old downtown Annapolis hospital site into the desirable Acton’s Landing residential community of condominiums, townhouses and single-family homes; helping pave the way to bring the Maryland Live! Casino to Anne Arundel County; and working on various projects that have shaped the landscape of the region.
Alan also maintains an active practice in the areas of business law and banking law, with a focus on commercial transactions. He provides strategic counsel on a wide range of matters – from contracts, financing and liquor licensing to regulatory compliance, loan documentation, workouts and foreclosures.
Active in the community, Alan serves as chairman and president of Severn Bancorp, a Nasdaq-traded bank holding company, and its subsidiaries, including Severn Savings Bank, FSB, a community bank with more than $785 million in assets. He currently serves on the boards of the Anne Arundel Medical Center, Annapolis Community Foundation and the Anne Arundel County Retirement and Pension System, and is the former chair of the Anne Arundel Community College Foundation.
An Annapolis native, Alan lives with his wife in the area and has three grown children.
- Maryland, 1978
- J.D., University of Baltimore School of Law, 1978
- B.S., Bryant University, 1975
- With honors
- Anne Arundel Community College
- Annapolis High School, 1971
- American Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Annapolis Community Foundation, Board Member
- Anne Arundel Community College Foundation, Chairman (former)
- Anne Arundel County Retirement and Pension System, Board of Trustees
- Anne Arundel Medical Center, Board of Trustees
Why Choose Hyatt & Weber?
- Full-Service Law Firm
- Over 35 Years of Experience
- No Case is Too Small or Too Large
- Experience in a Wide Variety of Practice Areas
- Commitment to Work Closely with Every Client
- We Deliver Sound Counsel & Creative Solutions