Robert D. Miller
Contact Robert D. Miller: firstname.lastname@example.org
Robert D. Miller’s extensive state and county regulatory experience includes the following areas: tidal and non-tidal wetlands, water rights surface and ground water appropriation, floodplain management and regulation, dam safety, coal and non-coal mining, Critical Area regulation, storm-water management, erosion and sediment control, environmental dredging, reforestation, stream restoration, solid waste management, local land development, and zoning. He has developed and testified on land use and environmental legislation, regulations, and programs at the state and local levels of government.
As an attorney in the Land Use & Environment Practice Group of Hyatt & Weber, P.A., Robert has represented public and private sector entities involved in land development and environmental permitting and regulatory matters. The practice involves both administrative representation and litigation. Public sector clients include two Soil Conservation Districts and a local housing authority. Private sector clients have included large and small commercial and residential land developers and individuals involved in land development or property disputes. Representation has involved both advocacy for and opposition against proposed projects, as well as work with the Maryland General Assembly and the Anne Arundel County Council related to local and State legislation.
Legal representation has included administrative and appellate work with special exceptions, variances, nonconforming uses, comprehensive and administrative rezoning, subdivision activities, site development activities, landlord-tenant matters, property lease and contract matters, and local business licenses, as well as representation of clients before the City of Annapolis and Anne Arundel County Alcohol Beverage Boards. The practice involves all aspects of local land use approvals and State and Federal environmental permitting.
- Maryland, 1986
- J.D., University of Baltimore
- M.A., Resource Planning and Management, West Virginia University
- B.S., Resource Planning and Management, West Virginia University
- Anne Arundel Conservation District, District Manager
- Land Use and Environment Officer, Anne Arundel County
- Maryland Environmental Service, Program Director for Environmental Services and Waste Management
- State of Maryland’s Water Resources Administration, Director
- Maryland Building Industry Association
Why Choose Hyatt & Weber?
- Full-Service Law Firm
- Over 35 Years of Experience
- No Case is Too Small or Too Large
- Experience in a Wide Variety of Practice Areas
- Commitment to Work Closely with Every Client
- We Deliver Sound Counsel & Creative Solutions