With years of experience navigating the ever-changing landscape that defines the financial services arena, Hyatt & Weber’s Banking Law practice is positioned to deliver seasoned counsel to state and federally chartered regional and community banks, savings institutions and credit unions; mortgage companies and lenders; and others in the industry.
Located in Annapolis Maryland, Hyatt & Weber Banking Law attorneys help guide clients in assessing and responding to regulatory changes, reporting requirements, asset and liability positions, loan portfolio issues and other matters related to retail, small business and commercial banking activities and operations.
Our Banking Law capabilities include:
- Reviewing and drafting account holder agreements and disclosures
- Drafting loan contracts and documentation
- Advising on state and federal regulatory compliance
- Counseling on issues related to FDIC, Federal Reserve, OCC, OTS, National Credit Union Administration, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and other government oversight
- Advising bank executives, management and boards during bank examinations and audits
- Collections and workouts, including foreclosures and bankruptcies
Members of our Banking Law team are frequently called upon to provide legal counsel on real estate-related issues, especially those related to consumer and commercial nonperforming mortgages and lines of credit secured by real property. With years of experience in workouts and foreclosures, our lawyers work closely with creditors to restructure loans and payment terms with debtors, advise on portfolio dispositions, advance the foreclosure process and help maximize the value of recovered assets. When needed, we draw additional talent from our Business Law, Real Estate and Bankruptcy practices to address cross-disciplinary issues.
Recognized for excellence by legal peers throughout Maryland, Washington, D.C. and Virginia, as well as by clients and the general public, Hyatt & Weber’s practices and attorneys are regularly profiled in Best Lawyers, Martindale-Hubbell, Super Lawyers, What’s Up? Annapolis and The Capital.
Why Choose Hyatt & Weber?
- Full-Service Law Firm
- Over 35 Years of Experience
- No Case is Too Small or Too Large
- Experience in a Wide Variety of Practice Areas
- Commitment to Work Closely with Every Client
- We Deliver Sound Counsel & Creative Solutions