Hyatt & Weber’s Intellectual Property attorneys are dedicated to helping businesses and individuals protect, exploit and monetize their IP assets in the U.S. and abroad. We serve a diverse group of clients that range from yacht manufacturers, magazines and restaurants to writers, retailers and technology entrepreneurs. Based in Annapolis, Maryland, we bring decades of experience working with large and small businesses, as well with their owners, managers and employees, to enhance the value of IP portfolios and secure their assets from infringement, theft, piracy and defamation.
Our IP practice regularly provides strategic business planning and litigation counsel related to:
- Securing and enforcing trademarks and copyrights
- Protecting patents and trade secrets
- Negotiating and closing business transfers and joint venture arrangements
- Crafting licensing agreements
- Prosecuting and defending adverse action claims
- Reviewing advertising to ensure compliance
- Identifying activity that may adversely impact protected assets
Known for delivering high-quality, personal service, Hyatt & Weber’s IP lawyers are frequently engaged to provide corporate governance counsel to companies, executives and employees with regard to structuring policies and procedures designed to protect IP assets. In consultation with our firm’s Business Law and Employment Law colleagues, we routinely negotiate nondisclosure and noncompete agreements for employees and third-party vendors/consultants, evaluate IP tracking and maintenance procedures, review internal protocols, and educate managers and staff on IP security measures and potential threats.
In addition to litigating disputes in local, state and federal courts in Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C., we often work with law firms in other areas of the country and around the world to advance our clients’ positions. We also provide seasoned representation in arbitration and mediation proceedings to resolve conflicts involving the ownership and enforcement of IP rights.
Hyatt & Weber’s premier position in the legal community and among clients is underscored year after year through our inclusion in recognition programs and rankings guides. The firm and its attorneys are regularly noted for excellence by Best Lawyers, Martindale-Hubbell, Super Lawyers, What’s Up? Annapolis and The Capital.
Why Choose Hyatt & Weber?
- Full-Service Law Firm
- Over 35 Years of Experience
- No Case is Too Small or Too Large
- Experience in a Wide Variety of Practice Areas
- Commitment to Work Closely with Every Client
- We Deliver Sound Counsel & Creative Solutions