Professional License Defense
Your Future Depends on Your License
With an understanding of the issues faced by those working in health care and related industries, the attorneys in Hyatt & Weber’s Professional License Defense practice provide robust representation to individuals who face challenges that threaten their practices and livelihoods.
Drawing on our experience in the area of medical malpractice, Hyatt & Weber is known across Maryland for our knowledge of state licensing issues and requirements, as well as the steps needed to mount a vigorous defense against allegations and advance our clients’ positions before the appropriate regulatory boards and licensing authorities. Our legal team not only helps medical professionals defend their reputations, but is also frequently retained by the companies that insure them.
The professionals we regularly represent include:
- Physician Assistants
- Nurse Practitioners
- Massage Therapists
- Physical Therapists
We offer counsel to clients related to investigations and administrative procedures conducted by licensing boards such as:
- Maryland Board of Chiropractic & Massage Therapy Examiners
- Maryland Board of Physicians
- Maryland Board of Nursing
- Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners
- Maryland Board of Physical Therapy Examiners
- Maryland Pharmacy Board
- Maryland Board of Examiners of Nursing Home Administrators
- Maryland Board of Morticians and Funeral Directors
- Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
Serving as defense counsel in a recent high-stakes lawsuit, Hyatt & Weber prevailed for our client in a two-week federal court trial. The victory avoided a multimillion-dollar award against the chiropractor and her insurance company, and also prevented any disciplinary action that may have impacted the status of her license.
We also have extensive experience in helping our clients take actions that can avoid litigation and licensing disputes, including providing legal counsel to professionals struggling with addictions that fall within the scope of federal protections.
Hyatt & Weber is regularly recognized as one of Maryland’s top firms by Best Lawyers, Martindale-Hubbell, Super Lawyers, What’s Up? Annapolis and The Capital.
Why Choose Hyatt & Weber?
- Full-Service Law Firm
- Over 35 Years of Experience
- No Case is Too Small or Too Large
- Experience in a Wide Variety of Practice Areas
- Commitment to Work Closely with Every Client
- We Deliver Sound Counsel & Creative Solutions