Widely recognized for helping advance some of the most complex real estate deals in Maryland, Hyatt & Weber attorneys have more than 35 years of experience representing developers, business owners, builders, HOAs and individuals in commercial and residential projects. Based in Annapolis, our firm’s Real Estate practice is known for its in-depth knowledge of the regional market and ability to navigate the layers of federal, state, county and local regulations that must be addressed.
With Hyatt & Weber’s counsel, our clients have turned their visions into realities, creating vibrant new neighborhoods, entertainment and hotel venues, mixed-use developments, restaurants, industrial complexes and retail destinations in Annapolis and Anne Arundel County. Our thorough understanding of environmental, land use, zoning and building ordinances – including those applying to properties within designated critical areas of the Chesapeake Bay, the historic district of Annapolis and the city’s maritime zone – is invaluable to clients as they embark on their projects.
The broad range of services we offer encompasses:
- Property acquisition and sales negotiation
- Preparation of purchase and sales agreements
- Commercial lease preparation, review and negotiation
- Financing transactions and preparation of commercial loan documents
- Real estate closings
- Creation and registration of condominium regimes
- Condominium and homeowners association representation
- Issuance of title insurance as an authorized agent of Commonwealth Land Title Insurance Company
- Tax-deferred exchanges
- Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) ventures
- Land use, zoning and environmental issues
- Real estate litigation, including contract, title, boundary line and construction disputes
- Landlord/Tenant disputes
Our Real Estate team was instrumental in helping guide the redevelopment of the old hospital site in the historic district of downtown Annapolis into one of the city’s most desirable residential communities by working closely with city officials and representatives of the surrounding Murray Hill neighborhood. Today, Acton’s Landing is a mix of multifamily condominium units, townhouses and single-family homes with a mix of public and private park space. We also paved the way for the Maryland Live! Casino to locate to the Arundel Mills Mall complex, helping it to continue as one of the Mid-Atlantic region’s most prominent shopping, entertainment and hospitality destinations – and one of the state’s major employment centers and revenue generators.
Hyatt & Weber’s headquarters, in the 82,000-square-foot Severn Bank Building in downtown Annapolis, is another testament to our ability to successfully coordinate complex real estate deals. Our Real Estate team helped assemble parcels of land for the building, reconfigured traffic patterns and coordinated engineers to create a signature structure that helped spark the revitalization of the Inner West Street neighborhood. The building’s landmark “green roof” – the first of its kind on a commercial building in the city – was designed to reduce rainwater runoff to the Chesapeake Bay and save energy.
Best Lawyers, Martindale-Hubbell, Super Lawyers, What’s Up? Annapolis and The Capital regularly cite our firm and lawyers for excellence. Our long-established reputation for integrity and solid track record of success in the real estate field makes Hyatt & Weber a top choice for clients in the Baltimore-Washington area as well as for those from around the country with real estate interests in Annapolis and Anne Arundel County.
The Maryland law firm of Hyatt & Weber is an authorized agent of Commonwealth Land Title Insurance Company.
Why Choose Hyatt & Weber?
- Full-Service Law Firm
- Over 35 Years of Experience
- No Case is Too Small or Too Large
- Experience in a Wide Variety of Practice Areas
- Commitment to Work Closely with Every Client
- We Deliver Sound Counsel & Creative Solutions