Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Hold Negligent Drivers Responsible for Your Injuries
Motorcyclists in Maryland and the rest of the country are around five times more likely to suffer an injury and 25 times more likely to be involved in a fatal collision than those operating another type of automobile, according to the National Highway Safety Traffic Administration. The three most common types of motorcycle accidents are:
- Motorcycle Only (Falling, Hitting a Tree, etc.)
- Motorcycle / Pedestrian
- Motorcycle / Motor Vehicle
Two-thirds of all motorcycle accidents are the fault of another automobile failing to yield to the motorcycle’s right of way.
Maryland is a contributing negligence state, meaning that you can only obtain compensation if you are able to prove that another negligent party caused the accident and you did not play any part in the collision. If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, it is imperative that you contact an experienced motor vehicle accident attorney right away, as the statute of limitations for filing your case is short.
The motorcycle accident lawyers at Baltimore’s Hyatt & Weber Injury Law have been handling motorcycle accident cases throughout Maryland, including Laurel in Prince George’s County and Annapolis in Anne Arundel County, since 1979. Laws governing motorcycle use differ from those that apply to other automobiles – we will clearly explain the intricacies of Maryland’s motorcycle rules and regulations and help you determine whether the other driver was at fault and what damages you may be able to recover.
Injuries sustained during a motorcycle accident are often more severe than in an average auto accident because there’s little to no exterior protection for motorcyclists. If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, you may be able to collect damages for:
- Injuries incurred during the collision, including spinal damage, broken bones, sprains, and road rash
- Lost Income
- Medical Expenses
- Repairs to or Replacement of your motorcycle
If you are involved in a motorcycle accident, immediately take the following steps:
- Contact the police.
- Seek medical attention.
- Start gathering documentation of sustained injuries and the accident scene.
- Don’t say anything to authorities that could be held against you in court. Instead, contact an experienced, reputable motorcycle accident lawyer to handle all communication and work tirelessly on your behalf to get you the justice you deserve.
How can a Maryland motorcycle lawyer at Hyatt & Weber help me after I am injured in a motorcycle accident?
- Clearly explain the state’s motorcycle laws and how they apply to your case.
- Help decide whether another party was at fault and if you qualify for compensation.
- Communicate with the authorities and the court.
- Help collect all the qualifying damages that you deserve.
Meet with Hyatt & Weber Today
Please call us today at 866-590-8719 or fill out our contact form to schedule a consultation with our Annapolis motorcycle accident lawyers. We are standing by to help you obtain justice for your suffering.