Annapolis' Premier Surgical Error Attorney
Holding medical professionals accountable for their surgical mistakes
Given the complex nature of invasive procedures, there are many risks involved no matter what type of surgery you are facing, which is why medical professionals always present you with a long list of possible complications before the procedure begins. However, this list never includes surgical errors because they are entirely preventable mistakes that are the direct result of a surgeon’s negligent conduct. If you have been harmed as a result of a medical professional deviating from the expected standard of care, then they may be held liable for their negligence or failure to act. At Hyatt & Weber, our experienced surgical error lawyers have been holding medical professionals accountable for over 35 years, and we would be pleased to assist you with your medical malpractice case.
Surgeons are among some of the most trusted doctors because their field requires so much education and refined skill. However, surgery should not be taken lightly since it can be very dangerous and hospital negligence is always a possibility. In fact, recent research reported by the New York Times confirms that hospitals even benefit from surgical errors because insurance pays for longer hospital stays and the needed patient care.
Examples of surgical errors
It is important to note that not all complications from surgery qualify as medical malpractice. However, medical professionals can be held liable for:
- Birth injuries from Delivery Room Negligence
- Improper Surgical Tools and Techniques
- Incorrect Anesthesia or Anesthetic Errors
- Laparoscopic Surgery Negligence or Errors
- Negligent Postoperative Care
- Operating on the Wrong Organ or Body Part
- Poor Surgical Planning and Unnecessary Procedures
If you or a loved one has been in one of these situations, it is imperative that you call a medical malpractice lawyer immediately. Approximately 12,000 people die from unnecessary surgical procedures alone every year, and taking immediate action can help you avoid a similar fate.
Causes of surgical errors
Hospitals and surgical teams take extensive precautions to protect patients from undue harm, but all of the precautions in the world may fail at the hands of a negligent medical professional. Contributing factors to these lapses in protocol may include:
- Inadequate preoperative planning
- Miscommunication regarding important information like drug dosages
- Not accounting for all surgical equipment after the procedure is concluded
- Misidentification of a patient
- Fatigue or performing a procedure under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Failure to properly sterilize instruments or using defective surgical tools
Getting you the compensation you deserve
The dedicated surgical error lawyers at Hyatt & Weber have the knowledge and skills to help you obtain the best possible outcome for your medical malpractice case. We will:
- Assess your situation and determine whether you have cause to file a surgical error lawsuit.
- Collect evidence to build your case. We will analyze the hospital’s staff review process and determine whether the facility violated any standard rules and procedures.
- Guide you through the legal process and do everything we can to help you collect damages to cover funeral costs and lost income.
- Receive compensation for your medical bills and the pain and suffering you have experienced.
- Help prevent future surgical errors and obtain justice for you and your family.
The surgical error attorneys at Hyatt & Weber are dedicated to helping you obtain maximum compensation for your medical malpractice case. Contact us today at (410) 266-0626.
Meet with Hyatt & Weber Today
At Baltimore law firm Hyatt & Weber Injury
The Maryland medical malpractice attorneys at Hyatt & Weber are dedicated to helping you obtain maximum compensation for your surgical error injuries. Call us today at 866-590-8719 or fill out our contact form to schedule a consultation with our Annapolis, MD medical malpractice lawyers.