Helping you receive compensation for your spinal cord injuries
Every year, thousands of people are diagnosed with a spinal cord injury. Defined as damage to any part of the spinal column or nerves within, a spinal cord injury often causes permanent changes in strength, sensation, or body functions that occur below the injury site. Whether caused by a car crash, slip and fall, or other circumstances, one accident is enough to cause extreme paralysis and forever alter the course of your life.
If someone else’s negligence led to your spinal cord injury, then you need to speak with a talented spinal cord injury attorney at Hyatt & Weber. We know just how devastating your condition can be to your way of life and to the lives of your loved ones, and you deserve a chance to receive the best of care without worrying about the hospital bills. Our spinal injury lawyer will look into all the facts of the case to determine the best course of action, and stay by your side every step of the way to help you achieve the best possible results.
Potential causes of spinal cord injuries
The spinal column’s integrity is essential because it protects all of the nerves in the spinal cord. However, the spinal cord is also very delicate. One accident is enough to cause extreme paralysis and be life-altering. Generally speaking, accidents are responsible for an overwhelming majority of spinal cord injuries. Some of the specific causes of spinal cord injuries include:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents : Car accidents cause approximately 40% of spinal cord injuries annually, making them the top cause of spinal cord injuries.
- Sports incidents: Impact sports, diving, and other recreational injuries cause about 9% of spinal cord injuries.
- Falls: Falling is a common cause of spinal cord injuries in the elderly, contributing to approximately 25% of these injuries.
- Violence: Gunshot and knife wounds account for about 15% of spinal cord injuries.
- Other: According to the Mayo Clinic, approximately 1 in 4 spinal cord injuries involve intoxication. Diseases such as cancer, arthritis, and osteoarthritis are also known causes.
In many of these situations, a spinal cord injury may have been caused by another party’s negligence. If your spinal cord injury was the result of one of the following, you may be a personal injury victim:
- Anesthesia Errors and/or Negligence
- Construction Accidents
- Emergency Room Errors
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Surgical Errors and/or Negligence
Dedicated spinal injury lawyers
The spinal cord injury attorneys at Hyatt & Weber are committed to helping you obtain maximum compensation for your spinal cord injuries. We have been representing clients throughout Maryland for over 35 years, and we won’t rest until you have the compensation you deserve.
How can a personal injury lawyer at Hyatt & Weber help me after I experience a spinal cord injury?
- Assess your situation and determine whether the injury may have been caused by another party’s negligence.
- Guide you through the legal process in Maryland and do everything we can to help you collect damages to cover medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering.